WIth North Carolina under a statewide stay-at-home order until April 29, it may seem daunting to have at least another month of social distancing. While homebodies may be celebrating the time to enjoy some privacy, others may already be up the walls in restlessness and boredom. We encourage all of our friends, family members, and clients to remain steadfast in this time of self-isolation; as crazy as the times seem, it's the least we can do to keep things from getting crazier. Here are some ideas for at-home activities, whether you are settling in on your own for the next few weeks or shacked up with children, siblings, parents, and pets.
1. Enjoy the great outdoors - with spring in full bloom, the weather is prime for getting some exercise without coming into close contact with others! In addition, you could start working in your garden or yard by weeding, planting, mowing, and creating fun DIY projects.
2. Reevaluate your house - now's the time to go through that closet with God-knows-what piled up in it or to organize your kitchen. With all this time on your hands, you offically can't procrastinate a good spring cleaning anymore. Bonus points if you get all hands on deck for cleaning out the garage, attic, cabinets, and closets!
3. Get in the kitchen - learn how to bake something new or cook an old family recipe. It's extra fun to get creative with leftovers or foods that are close to expiring, and if you have kids you trust a knife with, then launch a major MasterChef competition!
4. Learn something new - maybe pick up a new language, work on a musical skill, or get crafty! If you're good with a needle and thread, you could even learn how to make masks and donate them to local hospitals and organizations. Learn how to give here
5. Simply value the time you have with those around you - treat this as an opportunity to get close and enjoy some quality bonding time. Pull out old board games, look at family photos and videos, and make memories... and most importantly, remember how lucky you are to be safely quarantined with your loved ones in a time like this.
Stay safe, and please reach out to us for help with your insurance needs!