Information to Collect at The Scene of an Accident
Automobile accidents can be a scary thing and we hope you never have one; however, we want to make sure you are well prepared if you ever need to make an auto claim with your insurance company.
If you get into an accident, it is important that you make some notes before you leave the scene. Below are some crucial items to write down and leave in your car to assist you when filing a claim after the accident.
- The date, time, and location of the accident (it is a good idea to take pictures at the scene for verification purposes)
- Injuries that either person/party might have
- Contact information of ALL involved parties (including any witnesses)
- Other driver’s license information
- Name and contact info of police department that responded, including name of officer
- Police case number
- Year, make, model, and VIN (vehicle identification number) of other automobile
- Insurance company, agent, and policy number of the other party
You can either contact your insurance company directly or you can go to our file claim page here.